Tuesday, July 12, 2005

the beginning...


I thought I'd start off talking about 'THE END'...

the end of the world.

Not sure how many have seen the flick War of The Worlds but I have to say I was a tad disappointed with it. The movie was more hype than anything. It was thrilling to see the tripods rising from the ground and wreck absolute destruction in their wake but the rest of the plot tasted like leftovers. Entering the 'rear orifice' of the alien just seems to parrot a funnier and more entertaining movie called "Evolution", starring David Duchovny and Orlando Jones.

The ending was even more abrupt. I know many said that this was the ending in the book and considering when the book was publish, this piece of work was revolutionary for its time. But again, I felt that we were shortchanged. I mean if the aliens had been watching us for so many years and planning the invasion since the beginning, they should have enough intelligence to plan for the germs in our atmosphere and hence take appropriate measures. Aren't they supposed to be highly evolved beings?

Save your money and catch it on cable or rent it when it comes out....really.

No comments: